…and now for something completely different – the boring but important part.
Terms and conditions of website use and purchase
We can accept payment by credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Electron, Maestro, and Solo). All payments will be cleared through our bank before goods are dispatched.
A confirmation email is automatically sent to the email address that you gave with your order. If you do not receive a confirmation email, check your spam filter. Please email us if you have any queries regarding your order.
We regret, for reasons of hygiene, goods cannot be exchanged.
Order Cancellation Charges
Orders cannot be cancelled once dispatched.
All credit and debit transactions are processed using PayPal. Before being asked for your credit card information you will be transferred to PayPal’s secure server. No card information is stored on our site.
Postage and Packing Charges
Postage is charged at £3.99 and is sent with Royal Mail & DPD to every UK postcode (additional charged may apply to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland)
We offer home delivery to every UK postcode (additional charged may apply to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland)
Returns Procedure, Refunds and Exchanges
We regret that for reasons of hygiene, goods cannot be exchanged. We are happy to exchange goods only if damaged or faulty. Goods need to be returned in their original packaging with a note of explanation.
Protecting your personal details on our website.
Last updated: 15 October 2018
A new law has come into place on 25 May 2018 which will give you more clarity over how your personal information is managed. It’s called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and it will replace the existing Data Protection Act. The new rules mean we, like other businesses in the UK, will be making sure that we’re even clearer about how we handle your data.
The Website is brought to you by Pro Catering Supplies Ltd who believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms.
When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about other services or products (as applicable). You can normally do this by ticking a box on an application form or contract. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at the address below.
Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be ‘sensitive personal data’ within the meaning of GDPR, for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
Your Information and Why We Process It
The information we collect when you place an order with us includes: name, address, telephone numbers. Through your product reviews or surveys you may provide us further personal data including family size, affluence, gender or we may collect such data from third party data aggregators. Profiling data and technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked to, IP addresses and cookies.
We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few reasons why we use your personal details:
1.If you contact us with an enquiry either by telephone, email or live chat;
2. To process any order that you place on our website and arrange for its delivery and installation;
3. To maintain any registered accounts you have with us;
4. To make our website accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs including serving you with any pop-up messages and voucher codes;
5. If you have purchased a product from us we may contact you from time to time, by SMS, email or telephone regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in;
6. If you use our app we store your data locally on your device in various file formats including cookies
7. Promoting and advertising (including personalisation) of our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
8. Promoting and advertising our products and services to you via email, SMS and post;
9. To train our employees to ensure that we are providing the best possible service;
10. We record telephone calls for compliance and legal reasons;
11. To get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
12. When you provide a review on our website;
13. When you enter any of our competitions;
14. Matching and aggregating your personal data for analysis and to provide you with a more personalised experience;
15. To analyse any problems with our website and improve its performance;
16. When you engage with us on any social media platform
18. We also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity;
19. For research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes; and
20. For crime or fraud prevention purposes.
Basis For Processing
For atlecko.co.uk to be allowed to process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for the processing. The data protection legislation sets out what these bases are. We have described below the different bases that we rely on and provided examples of the processing.
There are some contractual reasons why we have to process your personal data. When you buy a product on our website, it creates a contract between us. We need to process the personal data that you provide in order to fulfil our part of the contract. If you do not provide your details we won’t be able to complete your order.
Sometimes we are required to process the personal data that we hold about you for legal reasons – for example, if there is a product recall.
We also rely on being able to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests. When we do this we will always consider your interests and balance any positive or negative impact relating to such processing and your legal rights relating to data protection. The legitimate interests of atlecko.co.uk do not automatically override your interests.
If you do not want us to process any of the personal data we have listed as being processed for legitimate purposes, you have the right to object. For more information see the section below relating to your rights. Please note that if you object we may still continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances. Please also remember that if we can’t process your personal data for these purposes your customer experience may not be as enjoyable.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Analysing and understanding your customer journey and behaviour to improve efficiencies and interaction
- Sending you email or SMS marketing messages, if you have previously bought something from us
- Calling you to discuss your delivery and any other services that we would like to offer you
- Promoting and advertising our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- Analysing our website’s performance and solving any problems
- Staff training
- Personalisation of your shopping experience
In some cases, we will ask whether you would like us to process your personal data. For example, if you would like us to notify you when an out of stock item becomes available or if you enter into a competition. If you provide us with consent, you may withdraw it at any time by contacting us.
When We’ll Contact You
We may contact you by telephone shortly after your purchase to discuss your delivery and make sure that it all goes smoothly for you. We may also offer you other services which relate to the products that you have purchased. If you do not wish to receive these calls, please contact us by phone, email or post.
We like to be able to keep you up to date with news, offers and promotions, but you can opt out of receiving email and text messages from us at any time. To do this, click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any of our unsolicited marketing emails, or email [email protected] with your request. It may take a couple of days for all of our systems to update, so bear with us whilst we process your request. Please note, if you submit information but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use the details you’ve submitted to contact you to complete your order.
If you have asked us to notify you when an out of stock item becomes available, the email will not have an unsubscribe link in it as it is a single email notification. Unsubscribing from marketing will not affect your ability to receive an out of stock notification.
Email and SMS Unsubscribe
email or phone: Unsubscribe
When You Contact Us
If you get in touch by email to ask a question about your order or our services, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses. This helps us to resolve any problems, and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again. It also helps us to check our advisors have all the training they need to give you the best possible help. Your telephone calls to Atlecko may also be recorded for training and regulatory purposes.
Information We’ll Share
- We share your information in very limited circumstances set out below:
where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request),
- when we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example a delivery service, insight companies, marketing communications providers or IT service providers. Each provider is carefully selected, and we’d only pass on the information required for them to perform that service on our behalf; they cannot use your data for any other purpose e.g. their own marketing purposes;
- with our group companies who may provide us with services;
- social media platforms or internet platforms (this is based on cookies – for more information see cookies
We’ll never sell your information. We’ll always comply with all relevant data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
We sometimes share anonymised information and analytics with third parties but not in a way that they could identify you as an individual.
We use third party payment service providers which are integrated into our website. When you pay using one of these methods e.g. PayPal, you are redirected to the provider’s portal. Your use of these services are subject to the terms and conditions (and privacy policies) of the payment providers.
Transfers To Third Countries
atlecko.co.uk may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. This will only be as a result of our service providers being based outside of this area e.g. cloud hosting service providers such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure. We will always ensure that such providers are in a country that has been assessed to provide adequate protection to personal data by the European Commission, or if the service provider signs a contract with us which contains the relevant protections for you; for example, if a company is based in the United States of America and has signed up to the Privacy Shield we may also send personal data to them for the limited purposes referred to above.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it remains necessary in line with the reason that we collected it from you and to meet any legal requirements (such as resolving a dispute). The time that the personal data is kept for is called the retention period. We retain your personal data relating to the purchase of your products for a period of 10 years after your purchase. This is in line with certain product liability provisions under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
If you call or message our contact centre with an enquiry (but do not place an order) we will keep your personal data for one month.
If you ask us to notify you about an out of stock item, we will do so if it becomes available within one month of your request.
If you receive marketing emails and SMS from us and have not unsubscribed from these messages we will continue to process your personal data for this purpose for a maximum period of four years. You may ask us to stop processing for this purpose at any time.
You have a set of legal rights in relation to your personal data. These rights are to ensure that you are in control of how your personal data is used by organisations. We have provided a summary of your rights below:
- You have the right to know what personal data we store that relates to you (also known as a subject access request);
- If any personal data is not correct (for example it is old information), you have the right for it to be corrected;
- You have the right to tell us to stop using your personal data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing;
- You have the right to tell us you no longer consent to any processing, which was based on you giving consent;
- You have the right to ask us to no longer process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests. We will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legitimate reason that does not prejudice you.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. The right to erasure is not an absolute right.
- You have the right to ask for an individual to review any decision made using an automated process.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Creating An Account With Atlecko
Creating an account with Atlecko gives you the ability to check out more quickly by allowing us to remember your delivery address and other information, so you don’t have to re-enter those details every time. You can save addresses, along with your contact telephone numbers.
We do our part in protecting your account by strongly hashing your password using modern ciphers and cryptographic patterns. Our staff have no way of accessing your password.
In addition, your card details will never be sent, or stored on our platforms. Instead, your details are managed and protected by a dedicated E-commerce credit card payment management company.
It’s important that you also take responsibility for protecting your account information. Make sure your password is suitably complex, don’t share it with others, and try not to use the same one for lots of online accounts. Never send your password by email – we’ll never ask you to do so. We won’t ask you for your password information over the phone; but we can advise you on how to reset it.
It’s a good idea to reset online passwords occasionally, and you can do so through the My Account area. If you think anyone has accessed your account information without your approval, contact us to let us know.
We’re always looking for new ways to improve your shopping experience with us, that’s why we love hearing from you. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you’d like to amend or stop us from processing your data (for marketing purposes), please contact us. You can write to us at our registered office address – Pro Catering Supplies Ltd at 130 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BD.
Your privacy is important to us which is why we’ve ensured every part of our site uses secure connections. Look for the green padlock in the address bar and the letters ‘https’, as these should always be present when browsing our site.
We only take orders through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. There’s no way you can order through an unsecured connection.
We’re constantly monitoring and testing our IT systems and using the latest technology to identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks to provide a safe and secure shopping environment.
Cookies are small file containing letters and numbers that is stored in your browser or the hard drive of your device and it is used to transfer information.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves
placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called ‘cookies’.
These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you, for example through:
– Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
– Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don’t have to give the same information during one task
– Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested
– Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
Users typically have the opportunity to set their browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options, of course, means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website’s features. Refer to your browser’s Help section for specific guidance on how it allows you to manage cookies and how you may delete cookies you wish to remove from your computer.
Multiple cookies may be found in a single file depending on which browser you use.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide, as follows:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
The list below shows the cookies that we use, other than those that are strictly necessary to this service. If you have any queries about these, or would like more information, please contact our Data Protection Manager at Pro Catering Supplies Ltd 130 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BD, or email us at [email protected]
Cookie name Description
contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes
contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes
contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies
Indicates when you’re logged in, and who you are
By using this website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- 6.1. The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to us at the address noted above. There may be a nominal charge to cover administrative costs.